View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 09:22 PM   #74
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Bethberry:

You certainly honor your Bombadil lineage. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]In keeping with our theme, one could even say you uphold your legacy and carry it forth to the world as a lithe stream current glinting with a clear voice on its course in the steady noble light of noonday sun through latticed leaves. The writings of your adventures show as much. * bows * And "For this is a wild washing day" is a remarkable turn of phrase, as has already been noticed. I would also add that your being "a woman of indeterminate age" aptly fits, as Time both reveals and conceals.

Nar:

So your name is in no way related to fire, then, Nar and not Nár. * Steps closer to peer at you closely and thoughtfully. His eyes narrow just noticeably enough that the surrounding wrinkles begin to deepen. Considers your name's meaning as spoken by an Orc, but all the while, the wizard's expression never hints at unkindness. *

As for "the whole of Time converging" being a wonderful image ... such instances are best undergone in small doses. * finds himself at a loss for words * Thank you for the compliment. * bows *

Not a Dwarf or an Elf or a Hobbit, are you, you say? Well, neither am I! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] As chance would have it, I am in fact acquainted with another two-inch-tall creature ... a "wingly" named Ivie (from the Barrow Downs chat). Likes to perch atop my hat, she does. It's really very endearing.

As for your request that I provide you with a smoke-galleon for your wind-cruising, I am happy to oblige.

* Indraws a breathful of Old Toby. Exhales a fine ship with timbers of lilac-purple smoke, sailes of muted blue smoke, wafting about on a smokey cloud of misty sea-green. *

At your Service,

Gandalf the Grey

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: Gandalf_theGrey ]