View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #621
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
do you think you or Ang could provide me with a very rough plan of Ecsichil's house and premises as you imagine them?
Yes- good idea. Ang- you have final say, so feel free to undo anything I put forth.

I read that someone had mentioned a wall in their post, so I envisioned a wall (perhaps 8 feet?) going around the perimeter. There's a gap/gate at the front and a drive up towards the house. As one approaches the house wings extend towards the front on either side of the drive (with some amount of space between the drive and the wing). The wings come very nearly up to the wall allowing room for a narrow path between them.

The path that Gloredhel and Aldarion took would've been the one wrapping around the left wing (left as one looks from the street towards the house). So they went along the wing towards the road, turned right between the outer wall and the end of the wing, then right again at the corner of the wing where the outer wall also turns. At that point they are walking in the same direction as one would walk from the street to the front door.

When exactly they encounter the gate to the garden is open to debate. Is the garden a small indentation in the left wing, or does it cut flat across the rear of the house?