View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #14
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
It's never too early to plan ahead for really good Tolkien events!

The 'Tolkien Ensemble' will be giving a series of concerts in Copenhagen on March 26, 27, 28, 2009. They will take place in the Concerthuset and feature well-known music of the LotR by both the Ensemble and Howard Shore as well as an excerpt from the Ensemble's new Hobbit musical, which will be presented to the public at that time. Christopher Lee is to narrate.

Caspar Reiff, one of the Ensemble's founding members and composers, gave this information at the German Tolkien Society's summer meeting. Quite a number of DTG (said society) members - including myself - are planning to travel to Copenhagen to hear the concert.

Any Europeans who wish for further information please contact me - or perhaps Rune...

Eh? Hobbit musical!?! Do tell!

Tolkien Ensemble has done an outstanding job of bringing Tolkien's songs to tunes. (I have finally forgiven them, at last, for their version of "Eomer's Song." They have done many, many more great works that make up for it.)

"Gondor, Gondor, between the mountains and the sea", and "Silver flow the streams" are magnificent. Truly magnificent. And their version of "The Ent and the Entwife" is incomparable.