View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting Corsairs and Corsets RPG

Orofaniel's post

The sun was already up and it was shining brightly behind the horizon. Betuli had already been up for several hours and was ready for a new day.

Betuli went upstairs to see if Finduilas had awoken, but Findulias was still fast asleep. Betuli turned and was going to the door, she didn't want to wake her yet. Some more sleep would do her well, Betuli thought, while going trough the door. It made a horrible shrieking voice and Betuli was sure it was going to wake Findulias, but she just made a little noise and rolled over.

She had been lucky, Betuli thought while going downstairs again. Then she came up with a clever idea (well she thought it was clever at the time), she was going to suprise her with a great breakfast on her bed in an hour. But first she was going to wash to was the kitchen and scrub the floor. While scrubbing, she started to sing an old song she learned from her mother:

"O, What a day, what a beautiful day.
Sun is up shining as bright as it may,
What more can I say?

O, What a day, what a beautiful day.
The birds are singing their fairest songs,
Let this day not fade away.

O, What a day, what a beutiful day.
Rain and cloudes away, away!
They can't destroy the summer day!

O, What a day, what a beutiful day.
May it last for ever this day
it will, if we sing all the way.

O, Merry day , Merry day.
That is what I shall call you!

Betuli had forgotten that Findulias was sleeping upstairs and she was quite suprised to se that she was now standing in front of her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been singing that loud. I was carried away. I hope you'll forgive me." She said in a vorried voice.

" No harm done," she replied quickly.

"Are you sure? I'm so soory and I promise it'll never happen again." Betuli said in a troubled (and still worried) voice.

"I'm just going to finish scrubbing the floor and I'll bring you a great breakfast!" She added quickly. " you just go back to bed and rest a little while longer and I'll call for you."

Findulias gave a smile and nodded while she turned around. "Nice song, by the way," she said.

"Oh, Thank you indeed. My mother thought me." Betuli said and started to scrub again.

[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]