View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #334
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Scrolling down the few last pages I found these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
1. Phantom's Sam scheme.
The ostensible reason was so we could be sure ifLhuna had been Sam's cure-target. All right. What strikes me about this scheme is that it was more-or-less guaranteed to occupy the village's attention without posing much threat to the Spider(s)– as I said yesterDay, it could not even give us a known innocent. It is possible phantom believed he knew Sam's identity already, and was try to give him a cover under which he could communicate. It is also possible phantlob or phantling sought to draw Sam out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
1. the phantom
Because of the last-minute bandwagons thing. And I can totally see him pull off trying to pull the strings by asking the Sam question, but that's just my personal prejudice. It's also that I still don't get why he attempted to make that survey, unless he was (as someone said) trying to draw the Doctor out.
Were there others like these?

I seem to have only remembered the latter one by Lhuna - and it is a most odd one to be honest. I can see the reasoning behind Nerwen's post, but not the one behind Lhuna's.

Add to that this stuff with Sally refusing to tell us who Boro was (which I understand as one who has hosted a few games myself), I'm bending to shift my thoughts a bit - and well why not say it, that Boro was the Doc (which he hinted at being, I think) and so the one I thought was the Doc before... is more probably Sam then...

And that would indeed fit nicely with Lhuna not being a goodie as then Sam would have tried to fight against us thiknig Lhuna innocent, and Lhuna's stumbling with accusing tp is a nice additional extra - she wished to play on a suspicion over tp but failed to make the claim he tried to oust Sam (which is a possible claim) and said he tried to oust the Doc (which has no sense at all).

The pieces of the puzzle fit a bit too nicely now that I'm starting to distrust it. But as Boro used to say back in the old times: if it walks like, if it talks like... then it is it... Could it be this clear? Pheww... hard to say. But it would make sense of many things.

What do you say? Are there holes in here?

EDIT: Made the boldings into the quotes in similar fashion...

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-09-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote