View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 AM   #33
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005
I've played regular mafia before, but can someone explain to me what the extra roles are? The cobbler is basically a citizen/villager who is a terrorist acting on the side of the werewolves, but what are ranger, hunter, and lover? I had them explained to me briefly but I want to make sure I understand properly. Thanks!
A ranger chooses a player to protect each Night. If the wolves (or balrogs in this case) attack that player, he/she will not be killed. It depends on the mod's rules, but usually a ranger cannot protect someone two nights in a row.

A hunter must every Night choose someone they find suspicious and want to hunt. In the case that the hunter is killed, he/she has the opportunity of taking down a wolf. Again, this role varies each game, so certain details will depend on the mod.

The lovers are two players who are bound to one another. If one dies, so does the other. The lovers can be both good, or both bad, or one of each. There's no doubt saying lovers can really complicate things (especially in a situation in where you don't even know who your lover is, lol...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
Ok, I've had enough of watching this strange game take all away from the good old trivia matches, so I've decided to join and see for myself what this WW thing is about.
Welcome to WW!

It's been awhile since we've had any newbies, so it's nice to see some new faces. Anyways, don't worry if you go into this game confused and clueless to what's going on. That's how I started out with Mac's game. You'll pick it up and understand the game better as you play. I recall, I couldn't even figure out what the cobbler was until after my first game was complete.

Oh, here's a link to the thread that everyone's been referring to.

~an unhelpful American who's suddenly craving pumpkin pie with all this Thanksgiving talk~