View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 06:21 PM   #380
WarBringer
Wight

WarBringer has just left Hobbiton.
Valthalion had been working hard on the reconstruction of the Green Dragon for a week now, with little rest. He had not even spoken with his newfound friends since the work began. He had developed a place in his heart for the Inn which he had risked life and limb to save. He had not been able to take part in the War of the Ring, which took place when he was struggling to survive in the forest of his Dunedain clan. He now had something to fight for, but in his heart he knew it was not enough. Something was missing from his life, and Valthalion knew in his heart that he would not fufill the void in the shire. Perhaps Roa, a fully fledged Ranger, will have the answers that I seek, and will tell me of a way in which I can achieve remembrance..., he thought. Also, Galadel the elf was obviously a very learned in life. He felt a bond with her, hundreds of years his senior, and he had respect for her, though they had never met. "I will seek my friends and kinsmen," he said aloud. Putting down his hammer, he went to find Roa, Galadel, and Snaveling.

As he left the rubble of the Inn, Valthalion heard a loud yell erupt from nearby. "That is Snaveling!" he said, and sprinted toward the direction of the yell. Then he saw Snaveling, lying in a swoon on the ground, with Toby, Roa, and Galadel next to him. He ran up to the scene, mumbled an apology to his friends about his lack of conversation with them, and then knealt beside Snaveling. "What could be wrong with him? Galadel, do you know? Galadel closed her eyes, and said "I can only Imagine..." Toby the hobbit rushed to explain-"He passed out as soon as a nicely dressed hobbit passed by. They made eye contact, and then Snaveling fell to the ground." Valthalion cursed thrice his lack of knowledge of Dunedain medicine. He looked quickly to Roa, saying "Have you any knowledge of the cure of such an occurance?" She did not answer, seemingly lost in thought. Shaking his head, Valthalion's mind returned to his troubles. He took a look at Snaveling, then at Roa, then stood up and walked toward her and Galadel. "I realize this is not the time or place for this, but I have questions and a need for advice that only kinsmen can give. When time allows, please come with me." After bowing, he returned to Snaveling's side.

Last edited by WarBringer; 02-23-2004 at 06:32 PM.