View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #837
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Harreld

Harreld felt his face go hot, like it always did when he did something foolish. He wished that he could catch himself before he did the foolish things, but it just wasn't in him; especially when lovely young ladies were near. Like Ginna.

Suddenly she was hugging him, burying herself against him, crying into his chest. That couldn't be very comfortable as her face had to be smearing against his unburnished chest plate armor. Once he got over the shock, Harreld decided that he really liked it that she had given herself over to her tears, on his shoulder. Tentatively he laid his heavy arms on her small shoulders. He could smell her hair! That was nice.

Eodwine told him to bring Ginna to the kitchen. He was about to do so when Ginna broke away from him with a cry. Next thing he knew, she had the nasty outlaw's little knife to his own throat.

"Ah, Ginna, I - you - I mean - don't hurt the m - I mean -"

~*~

Rowenna

Rowenna watched as the young cook acted out her selfish passion. Let the youngster flail and brandish if she chose. She had never had to endure worse, it was clear. Maybe she was spoiled, maybe not. These men, let them talk her out of hurting Withold. For Rowenna's part, it didn't much matter whether the girl imposed swift justice now, or if the Eorl did so on the morrow. Withold surely deserved to die, not least for what he had done to Rowenna - more often than she cared to remember. She had half a notion to go to the girl and take the knife from her and plunge it into the rogue's throat herself. Ah, but that would be folly. Wait and see. The girl was a firebrand, saying or doing the first thing that came to mind, whether it helped or not. The big blacksmith was taken with the girl, sure enough. That was useful to know as well. And Ghem seemed to have gotten away. Rowenna would be free to make whatever life she could here at the Eorl's hall. But she would have to make sure to undo any damage this Ginna had done by declaring that Rowenna was "one of them". She didn't think it would be very hard to find her way clear of that; after all, the girl was a hot head.

Now, where had that Elborn got off to? She had seen him in the kitchen, but that had been the last time. Surely he should have come to the alder court by now? Had he gone around the outside of the kitchen? Surely there had been enough time for that?

~*~

Eodwine

"Ginna," interrupted Eodwine, "put the knife down. Do not harm him in your ire and become no better than he. My word is law here, and I will see that he is given a just punishment."

Still Ginna hesitated.

"Ginna! Ginna Randvér's Daughter! Do as I say!"

Ginna had kept her eyes on the knife as if she had been contemplating the deed. Her angry eyes and tear stained face came up and she looked at Eodwine, but the knife still stayed on the outlaw's throat.

"Ginna," said Harreld tentatively, "y- you don't really want to do that. Let me take you away from here."

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-29-2007 at 05:14 AM.