View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:40 AM   #631
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Modtryth and Lčođern left the room, and Modtryth closed the door behind them. The little girl cast an expecting look at her. "Come, follow me", Modtryth told the girl and offered her hand. Lčođern seemed to be in deep thought. However, she took Modtryth's hand and followed her. So unlike Cnebba, Modtryth thought.

They walked down the stairs, across the house to the yard. "Where are we going?" Lčođern asked. Modtryth paused and looked at her. "We're going to see Snowstreak. I have no doubt Cnebba has presented her to you already, but I haven't seen her for a few days and I thought she wouldn't mind company, that dear old creature." That was actually a lie; she had last visited the old gentle mare on the morning. Lčođern nodded and then she ran to the stables. Modtryth followed walking.

When she entered, she found Lčođern already caressing Snowstreak, and teasing the horse with an apple. Where she had got it from, Modtryth had no idea. She stood there, near the door for a while, resting her mind in the homely sight.

Snowstreak noticed her and neighed at her. Modtryth came to the mare and patted her neck. Lčođern gave the apple to the horse, and started stroking her head. "Is this women's talk?" Lčođern asked after a while.

Modtryth stroked the horse's mane. "No", she replied after a while and cast a gentle look at the girl, "this is horses' talk."