View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #630
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Suddenly they all seemed to be looking at Cnebba, waiting for him to say something. Cnebba was embarrassed. But even more than that he felt angered by Garmund's answer. Nothing! That's what you say!

Cnebba rose up and stared at Garmund with his deep brown eyes. "You say that nothing! First you get mad on just losing one game, then you sneak to an adventure without us and when you find wonders you try to hide them from us and scorn me for no reason! One friend you are! You're a bully like all those others I've known!"

"You liar!", Garmund called back.

Both Stigend and Garstan had to take hold of their sons.

"Are you being honest now, Cnebba?", Stigend asked his son, kneeling down to meet his eyes, still pressing his shoulder firmly. "What have we discussed about being truthful?"

Cnebba tried to avoid his father's eyes and felt the tears coming forwards again. He tried to get free from Stigend's grip but was held tight in his place. "Now answer me Cnebba!" Stigend said now with a notably stern tone in his voice. "Was the game you played today a fair one?"

Cnebba was shaking visibly as he almost whispered his answer, his head bowed down: "No." Stigend was just about to demand a louder answer when Modtryth broke in, laying her hand on Stigend's shoulder and looking at him in a way that held Stigend back.

"It may be that Cnebba has not been totally truthful in his answer, but I'm afraid he is not the only one hiding the truth here." Garstan said turning towards his son in turn. "Now I believe there were also things that were true in what Cnebba said, now was there?"

Garmund didn't answer. But Lčođern did.

"He was rude to Cnebba when we were trying to ask those twins to play with us! And he tried to hide them from us all the time!"

Garmund looked like he could burst from anger at any moment.

"Maybe we women go out and have just a little walk outside, talking womens' stuff together." Modtryth said and looked questioningly at Garstan. After thinking about it for a second Garstan nodded his approval. "Come Lčođern, we'll let the men have a talk without us for a while. We'll come back soon." The last sentence she directed to both of the fathers as well even though she was talking to Lčođern.

There was a moment of thick silence in the room after Modtryth and Lčođern left. The boys casted sulking glances at each other and the fathers looked more or less helpless.