View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #625
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Blushing at the unexpected praise as well as in relief that she wasn't being sent packing for so boldly arguing with the Eorl Kara shook her head. The mention of the King and Queen had her curious but she could see the tiredness in Eodwine's eyes and was sure that her own reflected the same.

"No, lord. I'm glad that you will take the time to think this over but you are right, it is time to sleep, and I will do so just as soon as I've got this kitchen in order. Good night, and sleep well."

Eodwine smiled at her, his gaze sweeping over a room that no doubt to his eyes seemed sorted for the night already, but he made no comment. Nodding to her he left.

Truthfully there was little to do. The preparations for the morning had been done before Frodides left for the night, and Kara had finished her tidying up before sitting down for the intense conversation that had just gone by. She knew though that she needed to relax before she tried to go to bed or she would be up all night, and washing the table tops would do that nicely.

Gently she smoothed the cloth in circles, nodding and wishing a good night to those who wandered past or through the kitchen on their way home or to bed, until at last she felt calm enough to sleep. She blew out the few remaining lights and made her way upstairs.