View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #624
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine listened to Kara's sudden outpouring of words with a mixture of shock and subdued delight. This girl had hidden a lot of spunk up until now. It was obvious that having spent so much time with Frodides had added some spice to the girl's delivery, and Eodwine liked that too. He liked most of all the common sense and earthy, homey wisdom coming from Kara. Now she was waiting, with some mild shock at her own forwardness, for his reaction. She seemed just a little frightened.

He smiled. "This is why I wanted you to stay and listen, for I do not wholly trust myself in matters touching the lady Saeryn. You speak sense. And a fine cook and ruler of the kitchen you'll make if and when Frodides decides to bequeath the title upon you. I will take your advice, Kara, and make no decisions in haste. You are right about Saeryn, I deem. We shall see how she acts on the morrow.

"I fear that the words of the Queen today, as well as those of the King, have tripped me up a bit, and I am as unsettled as a foal trying out his legs for the first time. A good night's sleep it is, then, and I want you to see yourself to bed in not too long a time either! And now, good night, and pleasant dreams!

"Unless there is anything else?"