View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #620
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Thornden walked away, leaving Garstan and Stigend alone once more.

"We still have the matter of Garmund and Cnebba, Stigend. I do not like Garmund's jealousy and would have this settled. It has been hard on him, maybe, to live here after we had been wanderers for so long, but I had not thought it would be so. I do not think that he means to be angry with Cnebba. Neither do I think that Cnebba means to make Garmund angry with him."

Stigend added, "The worst of it is that they were friends at first. I was glad to see their friendship, all the more so because my family has found few friends before now. I too would see this ended."

Garstan cried, "Then let us have an end to it tonight! My headstrong boy will not tell me his mind, but he will tell Cnebba. And Cnebba should tell Garmund his answer. Maybe when they have spoken they will see the folly of this rivalry."

"And if they do not?"

Garstan frowned, not liking his answer. "Then I fear that our children must be kept apart for a time. Until they learn to miss each other's company and are able to behave well together again. Shall we gather the two of them and meet in our rooms?"