View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #615
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“I would not have the sons at war when their fathers are friends.”

Thornden looked from Garstan to Stigend and back again. This certainly was a problem He considered it mutely a moment and then he opened his mouth slowly. “I…” he paused and then continued. “I am not a father and I know really very little about how to truly fix it. I think whether or not the fathers are friends, the sons who once were friends should not be enemies.”

“I don’t know if we can be absolutely certain that they were ever enemies,” Garstan said.

“Oh,” Thornden said. He blinked and drew a great breath. “I see.” He paused again, and then he spoke abruptly, “Garmund is jealous.”

Garstan sat forward almost eagerly. “What do you mean?”

“This morning. . .before I left, I was coming across the yard and I met up with Garmund and he was looking a might sour. . .” Thornden told the two fathers what had passed between the him and Garmund that morning, how Garmund had said that Cnebba had taken his sister’s attention away from him and that they were always playing together – without him.

“He said that now it is as though Cnebba were her brother and he was not. He asked me why it couldn’t be like it used to.”

“What did you tell him?” Garstan asked, his voice quiet.

“I didn’t get a chance to tell him anything. That’s when Falco walked by. When he heard what the problem was, instead of answering Garmund, he suggested we go on an adventure, and we did. I can’t say now that it was such a bright idea,” Thornden admitted somewhat shamefacedly. “Falco said something to the affect that it would make Lčodern and Cnebba jealous of us three. I am sorry I did not tell you at once. I thought it was a passing mood or fancy of his and that today’s adventure would drive the trouble out of his mind. I’ve got several siblings of my own and we always were able to hammer out our disagreements. When father had to step in, as you did this evening apparently, we usually were able to figure it out even faster, with his help. But Garmund seems more upset than that.”