View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 05:17 AM   #603
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A man with two pairs of torsos... What kind of monster is that? Modtryth shrugged and pulled Cnebba closer to herself. "Mum, let me go", Cnebba protested and slipped from her arms. He looked at her tentatively. Then he grinned. "Mum, dad, did you see? Those twins are in the same body. Woah..." Modtryth did not make a reply, but pushed the boy to Stigend. "I'm going to help the cooks to serve the meal", she informed her husband. The cooks weren't in need of help, but she definitely needed time and a place to think about this.

She slipped into the kitchen. Frodides greeted her with a question: "Ah, Modtryth, did you see the man? Or the men, should I say?" Modtryth nodded. "Is there any thing can do to help you?" she asked before Frodides could continue on Lefun and Ritun. Frodides took a look at her. "I see you're in no mood for gossiping." The cook looked around. "Go and fetch one of the small ale barrels from the cellar then, I think we're going to need some more ale." "I will", Modtryth replied and hurried out of the kitchen.

In the dark cellar it was easier for her to arrange her thoughts. Mostly her feelings were contradictory. Two heads, two upper bodies, two pairs of arms but only one pair of legs... that's a monster. Yet Lord Eodwine says they're two men. Two men in the same body? Does not sound very natural either. Must keep Cnebba well away from him... them. She sighed. That would be impossible. Yet... what if they're just ordinary people who just happen to share the same body the same way some people are blind from their birth or some are tall and some are short. Or some have fair hair and blue eyes and some dark hair and brown eyes.

I, of all people, shouldn't scorn the twins
, Modtryth thought, for how can I ask for people taking me as I am though I look like a Dunleding if I can't take everyone as they are?

Modtryth chose one of the barrels and lifted it. Walking back to the kitchen, she tried to tell herself that if it didn't make a person any less human if she had a dunlending-like outlook, it didn't make a person any less human if he had a twin brother stuck in the some body either.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 11-08-2006 at 02:17 AM.