View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #602
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The twins visibly relaxed when Thornden showed friendship to them. Soon, Eodwine, followed by Rilef (for they had decided that it would be wise for the twins to assume their disguise at first) and the others, filed out of the room and down the corridor, and into the mead hall proper.

"Friends! My household!" cried Eodwine, gathering to him the attention of all those in the room. "We have a new guest. Greet him!"

All in the room hailed the new guest. Lefun nodded mutely.

"But all is not as it seems," Eodwine said loudly. This got the renewed attention of those at the board, for many had been turning back to the serious business of supper. "For we have not one guest but two! Ritun?"

Before their eyes, Ritun unclasped his hidden hands from around Lefun's neck, and pulled the rough tunic off of his head, and so were revealed the twins. Those in the room gawked.

"Ritun and Lefun are my new friends as of today. Garstan, Garmund, Falco, Thornden and I have each met them and made friends with them. They have been living in the ruins not far from Edoras, for fear of harm that might come to them by those who fear twins who have the same pair of legs. I hope," and at this point the lightness left Eodwine's voice, and he became forceful in his tone, "that all here will be no harm but friends to Lefun and Ritun. Have I your word? Say "aye" if I do!"

All those in the hall gave their word, though Eodwine noticed it was with varying degrees of intention. He would watch carefully that the twins were respected. He brought them to the table where his food and drink had been sitting neglected, and called for food and drink to be brought for the twins.