View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 04:04 AM   #286
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The voice of the child was plaintive. "Ma'm, I...am bored," he ended rather lamely. "I bet Awyrgan told you to keep me here and look after me but I don't think he meant for me to stay here forever. I would like to leave soon...." His voice trailed off into a mumble about trees and rivers, and he took a moment to recompose himself. "But if you tell me to remain here I will," he finished.

Pio looked the young boy directly in the eye. ‘I will not keep you should you choose to go.’ She watched as his face registered a mild surprise and saw his shoulders slump as if he had prepared himself for another answer. She reached out and took his chin in her slender hand, turning his face from side to side as she scrutinized it closely. ‘You body appears young, Nárello. And at first I thought to keep you here, safe, as one your age should be kept. But inside you are not young. And your fëa longs to return to those places where it feels most alive and vibrant.’

She sat down on a stool, feeling the twins awaken with her, and reach out to touch the one who spoke with their ammë. ‘Where would you like to go, Nárello?’ she asked softly. ‘And what can I do to help you get there?’