View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:45 PM   #283
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

As Rie cradled Don, the girl's sobs slowly ceased. She brushed the tears from her eyes and then lay her head on Rie's shoulder.

"When I saw the elf, the one Nuru calls Pio, with those children," she said a quiet and tearful voice, "especially the little boy, it made me think of my family, of my twin brother. And... and... well, it was the first time it really hit me that I'd probably never see them again. I'd never seen a boy before that looked so much like my twin." She looked like she would begin to cry again, but she swallowed the sobs and continued.

"You must think me a real baby, but, oh, Rie, I miss him so much, and I want to see him again. But if I try, my aunts will get hold of me once more. I miss him so much..."

"I know, Don. I miss my family too." Rie kept from saying 'sometimes.' She wanted to say it, to keep Don from questioning her again as to why she wouldn't go home, but she knew it wouldn't be true.

Don looked up at Rie's face and then burst once more into passionate sobs. Rie stroked her brown curls and slowly the sobs ceased once more. Don was fast asleep.

[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]