View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 11:25 PM   #7
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
(spoilers fresh from episode 3)

The way Adar was out of focus seemed vaguely reminiscent of the Nazgul on weathertop - if it's not the Mouth of Sauron then maybe an established pre-Wraith?

The music in the jail when Halbrand was talking about his past sounded vaguely like the strings of Rohan from Lotr - maybe a red herring? I don't think he's Sauron, I'm reluctant to connect him with Eorl, I really like the theory that he's the King of the Dead, but he's a strong contender for a Ringwraith if not.

I just rewatched the long trailer and spoilers for things we haven't seen in the show yet It looks like Elendil takes his family/an army and Galadriel and Halbrand in a ship back to Middle-earth, Halbrand is wearing some of the same armor and then attacking someone while on a horse - more Eorl foreshadowing? I just don't want to think of him as Eorl quite yet. There's a scene of him in another trailer standing in front of a doorway and behind him are dozens of candles in little nooks - just like skulls in the cave of the king of the dead in LotR?

I have no idea which thread to put this in but Legate I think the reverse Morgul blade should be called the Lugrom blade. For very obvious reasons.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote