View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #214
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Ok, Jack Bauer is still alive... but the Western civilization, as we know it, is still hanging on a loose thread. *wonders how come?*

Boro, here's my explanation you asked for - and I think it has enough ideas to be shared in length for other people to reflect on.

So I was reading the thread through two hours before the game started more or less secure it was not me whom the ranger saved the Night before - and thus more or less confident I'd be alive toDay.

It all seemed to go down to Nerwen being the one.

Pitchie was not a wolf so that was not Shasta's dream. That was what I thought his "hint" was yesterDay, as you can read from there. His other comments all seemed to be in-discussion like. So where was I wrong?

I still agreed with what you said Boro, that knowing Shasta, he would have left a hint of some kind, and if it was not Pitchie, there had to be another one. So armed with that I went back to the thread and well, there seems to be no better candidate for his N1 dream than Nerwen.

Why so?

Shasta said of Legate that he's okay, for now, because of what he was trying to do (stirring the discussion). Well, a seer would not say that ("for now") of someone he has dreamt of - but rather on someone whom he might check out later. Later he strongly disagreed with him on the cobbler, but I'd not take it as anything else than just disagreeing on a subject. The "for now" seems to propose he was maybe considering to dream of him but had not done it on N1. How he talked of Legate would surely be an odd and inconclusive way for a seer to say "this guy is innocent" - I mean surely the posterity would not have caught that.

Also her suspicion with Greenie was clearly based - underlinedly so - on her thinking Lottie (who attacked him) to be genuine.

What he said about Lottie you all can see was from pure annoyance... and him not wishing to vote for her is a point indeed. (Well, now as I rethink this for the hundreth time I do actually see another scenario here: Shasta dreamt her an innocent and was frustrated seeing her doing what she did - and therefore declined on voting her in the grandiose manner he did, with the risk of worsening his own chances of survival)

Not taking in the latest scenario (which I came to think of only now), it seemed that Nerwen was the clear answer - as he had to leave a hint of a kind.

What I thought was specifically this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I entirely agree with Nerwen on the subject of the cobbler
Now that bolded word seems like unnecessary thing. And add to that, that he made a special declaration later that he is "most okay with Nerwen". It's like two notes on the same thing, Nerwen's innocence.

Keeping in mind that was all he said of others, it was the evident conclusion. And I had just reached that conclusion when the Day broke... and 24 started...

Anyway, I think there are more interesting questions to be made.

Like why didn't they kill Nerwen, or if it was someone else who was protected on N1, how did they come up with killing Glirdan? (Inzil seems to have a scaringly ready answer to that!) Or were they up for Glirdan already the Night before? And if so, then why? Is there any evidence against them from Glirdan?

Or how did the wolves react to the "easy scenario" -voting yesterDay? Did they just join the flock or did they try to get away from it - knowing Pitchie was innocent as they did? I do think the voting was odd, once again, and there were more than enough good excuses for the wolves to vote this way or that.

Okay, it's late and I need to go to sleep quite soon but I'll go back to look at the voting at least before I resign for a while.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote