View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The Evening of the Day

After dinner, everyone was again grouped around the time machine.
"I intend to get seriously cracking on this tommorow", said Professor Inzil. "Anyone have any questions before bed?"
Several hands shot up. "Yes?" he said, pointing at skip.
"I'm not sure about this", said skip. "What if we just leave?" Others nodded in agreement.
"You can't, I'm afraid".
"Why not?", replied skip heatedly, over the sound of many murmurs.
The Professor sighed. "The only way out is the door we entered through. It's on a timer, and it won't open until the time's up."
"When will that be?", demanded Wilwa.
"Only I know", replied the Professor. "Like I said, it's all for security purposes. I've had serious threats because of the way I've been so critical of the movies. There's a lot of money tied up in them, and there are those who think I'm too outspoken. And it doesn't help that I've tried before to destroy the movie industry's ability to exploit Tolkien's work."
"What did you do?", asked Lottie.
"It isn't important. But because of those past incidents, I wanted this project to be as safe and secure as possible. There are lots of safeguards. For instance, any attempt to tamper with or destroy the machine, without first performing a small action, will likely result in a tremendous explosion." He looked at the group's faces, satisfied. "What else would you like to know"?
"What does the machine use for fuel?", asked The Elf-warrior.
Professor Inzil laughed. "Oh, I'm not telling you that just yet! It's actually made from several ingredients that are fairly cheap, and easy to come by. I've got enough for what we need to do. I can make more with no problem when necessary. Anything else? Yes?" He pointed at Nerwen.
"Where did you get the money to do all this?", she asked.
"Well, ummm..."
"And how did you figure out how to build a time machine?", inquired Boro. The Professor looked nonplussed.
"There are perfectly good answers to those questions, but I'm afraid they'll have to wait for another time. Good Night! See you all in the morning!"

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1. Wolves may discuss, Seer may send me a dream-pick.