View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 05:02 PM   #257
Theoric Windcaller
Haunting Spirit

Theoric Windcaller has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Business, or life, should I say, went on like always, people hustling in and out of the inn, having their drinks, saying their messages and then heading off.

They were wrong, Theoric thought. "If this place is peaceful than I am an elf," he laughed. Beside him, silently sat an elf. The hobbits that occupied that bar stool left only ten minutes ago.

The elf turned to him, slamming his ale down upon the bar. "What did you say?"

Theoric knew he should have just kept to himself. "Nothing, master elf. Keep to your business and I shall keep to mine."

This probably wasn't the best reply, Theoric thought, but nonetheless, it got the to turn away and continue on, drinking himself to intoxication.

He knew that he came to the Shire to settle down for good, and have nice peaceful life, but he was having second thoughts. He did not know where he belonged, where his home was. He did not mean his literal home as In Laketown, he meant where it was that he most felt comfortable in, and most peaceful there.

This had been his lifelong quest, leaving home to find another home. He even thought of the sailing west, to the Grey Havens, but he knew that once he was there, he could never come back. And that raised the question, What if he were meant to just be a nomad, like a ranger, never to truly find a real home?

His head was hurting, for the meals, though hot and delicious, did not heal his lost heart or his aching limbs.

He looked around; he recognized no one, save the beautiful bartender, patiently tending to those at the bar. Whatever his reason for coming here, he did not care for now, he suddenly felt an urging to leave, to sail to the Grey Havens. He did not know, for he had no one to consult with on the matter. He felt out of place here, more than ever, for he had spent the majority of his life with men, and he once thought to go to Rivendell, but he remembered, there were not many elves in Middle-Earth. They were all sailing west... to Valinor.

He stood up and stumbled towards the door to exit the inn.