View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #100
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'm sorry to say that I'm one of those people who posted a lot on the earlier chapters but have more or less disappeared in the past few months. One of the reasons has simply been that once I got out of the habit of posting on every chapter each week, it was hard to get back into the habit. Of course, I can't speak for anyone else, but I think that if we were to start a discussion of The Hobbit after LotR, my interest would be rekindled and the novelty of the discussion would be enough to get me back into the habit of posting every week.
I made (admittedly minor) contributions to the first few chapters, but after a few weeks' respite I too found myself unable to dive back in. I was actually holding out hope that we could do a Silm reading after this, but TH would be fun too. I agree with davem that a few weeks' or even months' break might do some good.
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote