View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #85
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just wondering if Esty could let us know when we'll be back to weekly discussions? Being a bit bored earlier I worked out that if we want to finish by the end of this year we'll have to switch back around 'The Houses of Healing' at the latest (this assumes that we end up spending three weeks on 'Pelennor Fields' due to Esty being away at Birmingham from the 11th -15th of August at least & probably not able to open the discussion that week).

The only problem I can see is that (assuming we feel bound by the deadline of finishing by the end of the year, that is) we'll end up only having a week to discuss some very important chapters, like Mount Doom, Scouring of the Shire, Grey Havens, Aragorn & Arwen, which may actually sustain two weeks worth of discussion better than some of the current ones - the present one seems to have died on its feet

All of which rambling is just to ask if we have any kind of definite timescale for the change back? Not wanting to nag, but I've noticed that a number of those who asked for the slowdown in order to be able to join in haven't actually joined in very much, if at all....

Is anyone else ready to get back onto a weekly schedule soon - or at the end of August/beginning of September at the latest, or is the general feeling that we should just continue on at this slower pace till the end, however long that takes us to finish?
davem is offline   Reply With Quote