View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 09:03 AM   #52
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
but since Peter Jackson set the standard of wholesale changes to a complete story, I'm willing to give the producers of this project a wide berth in their use of artistic license.
I don't agree with this philosophical perspective at all. In my view just because Jackson did an awful job does not entitle his successors to sequentially do as bad and just a little bit worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Speaking of the trailer: I was surprised how close the aesthetics (or at least those we have seen) are to the PJ take on it. What looks like Lindon (?) is effectively copypaste of the last scene of LotR with more architecture (which would make sense). That peculiar elf in golden armour who looks like Jamie Lannister fighting Orcs (flashback of Galadriel's brother??? Hope not) looks horribly Haldirish.
I thought it was known that they were going to use the WETA aesthetic, which in itself is not very accurate to what Tolkien wrote, particularly when it came to armor.

I cannot fathom why anybody, even out of their right mind, would don antlers in such a manner as is depicted outside of a religious ceremony. You would get blown over by every gust of wind. Perhaps that is the point and these people periodically travel by wind power..?

Also, "Galadriel dangling from cliff by knife" may become my new way of saying "Thorin dancing on Smaug's nose."

As Hui mentions, the big fireball makes me think that it is meant to be Sauron fleeing east or otherwise going somewhere.