View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #169
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Of course you did, and of course you didn't believe it.
I did! For a while at least, and whether you were the seer or not, I was pretty sure you were innocent, like Legate earlier; at the time of my death you were one of a handful of villagers I felt I could trust in a pinch (including Lommy, Lottie, Shasta when he went after THE Ka, possibly Greenie) - not trust to be right, but trust not to mislead me on purpose. Hence my reaction to the QT vote that Day, which the wolves took as Seerish. That's no small thing, trust between ordos; it can win games.

Quote:
The weird thing is, that after I gave up on having ambitions for my contribution, I started having much more fun with the game. I imagine it mirrors the fun of being a cobbler, I guess you could say that I was fey.
LOL! Seriously though, that's true of many things, that once you lower the bar of your expectations they're both more fun and you tend to do better. I feel I'm more or less in the same camp as you - some players' ability to post exhaustive analyses at runtime while also keeping up with what else is going on utterly amazes me (Greenie, I'm looking at you and your spreadsheets!). What people perceived as my 'tenseness' on D1 was really a mix of (1) being totally hyped about playing WW again and (2) being totally overwhelmed by the size of this village and the amount of stuff everybody was posting. I try to do analyses during Nighttime, but I rarely bother to post them because by the time I log in next Day too much other stuff has happened (which may be why people get the impression I'm holding back my thoughts, like Boro said D1?). During the Day I've found I operate best in a thrust-parry-riposte mode, engaging with whatever comes up. [/self-conscious rant]

Quote:
I think that at sometime in the future I would like to mod that twitter inspired game, and just watch mayhem unfold.
I'd really like to either play or co-mod that (and believe me, if I knew how to enforce a character limit to BD posts I'd already have started it)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I agree with this as well, it is nice to be back. You know, it's been over 13 years since my first WW game, 3 years since I last played (Dueling Wizards), with a 5 year gap before that. Over those many years, our lives have changed significantly for most of us (pandemic aside), yet whenever I come back here, it feels like no time has changed at all.
Or to quote Bowie, Nothing has changed / everything has changed, but coming back here still feels like coming home. So thanks to Nogrod for modding this game which has drawn us all back together again, but also thanks to The Barrow Wight Himself for making this space for us in the first place and maintaining it all those years so we have someplace to come back to in a time like this!