View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #277
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
So my first thought today is:

I totally would have killed Kuru to leave a very minimal trail.

Which then makes me ask why the wolves passed up that opportunity and picked Legate.

Which makes me want to go back and see what the benefits of lynching Legate over somebody who had barely said or done anything and could have been killed with very little fuss.

I assume because of the talk-effect.

Let me explain the talk-effect to you.

When I'm a wolf, sometimes I'll pass up an easy kill in order to orchestrate something a lot more verbose. Framing morm for example. My hat's off to whoever put that one together. Provided he's innocent (even if he's not), the wolves just got an entire day where only one person (ie: not them) was concentrated on.

The talk-effect, as I have dubbed it, is the concentrated effort to direct all of the discussion where you want it. It's killing the person who will inspire the most chat which has nothing to do with you.

Killing Kuru makes sense to me in that the village wouldn't have a trail.

Killing Legate makes sense to me in that we might have been handed a false trail.

So my suggestion for today is that we look harshly at everyone. Not just at those Legate suspected. Try to find behavioral patterns which we can continue to trace as the game progresses.

Though by all means, we should ask about Legate. Obviously.

I just don't think we should repeat yesterday's strategy of ignoring most of the village.