View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 09:48 AM   #21
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Pipe Oin and Finky

Oin knew they had better get under way soon; the other inn peoples had things they wished to do, and most things they liked he could have no part of. The sooner they were gone the sooner they could leave.

"Come on, Finky. We had better get going..."

-----

"...get going..." was what Oin had said. But Finky did not want to leave. He was enjoying the warmth of the Inn.

"Come on, Finky. There'll be other Inns," said Oin persuasively, hoping that Finky would listen.

"Alright then I'll leave without you. See if I care for your health, then!" Oin said, while he stumped out the door.

"Wait," Finky breathlessly uttered, "Wait for your friend Finky, Oin!" Finky rushed outside to catch up with Oin.

"I knew you'd see it my way; there is no other way for you, you miserable stinking varmint."

Secretly, Oin knew that he could not have left Finky in the Inn, he was quite attached to him really...

------

"...why do we have to come back here of all places?(mutter, mutter)..."

"Because master Oin, it is the only nice place for travelers! I like it here. It is warm and the day is still here, the sun shines. Ah!"

"Well, if we could have left today it would have been better. Now you remember that you didn't talk me into coming back, it was the mud at the gate of the city, you miserable creature, understand?" Oin glared at his traveling companion, hoping that any hint of camaraderie did not show through his mask of mutterings.

"Oh, I understand, Oin," Finky said with a sly look on his face as he and his friend stepped through the door, "It was the mud, oh yes, the mud!"

"We will not stay here long, Finky. Only long enough to prepare for the journey to the what-sit-called, the tire... or hire... Shire! That's it! The Shire!''

"I understand, we won't stay long... " Finky slyly winked at Oin...

Last edited by bilbo_baggins; 03-12-2004 at 02:31 PM.