View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 07:40 AM   #15
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
1420! Aedre is introduced to Harold...

Aedre had just finished sweeping the floor in the kitchen, when she remembered that she’d forgotten to clean the tables in the common room. She didn't want the tables to be dirty when people were going to eat by the tables. She found her cloth and hurried over to the common room. The room was almost empty. It was quite cold inside the common room, even though it was quite sunny outside. She drew aside some curtains that were hanging in two of the windows so that the sunshine would come in. Aedre stood there for a moment just feeling the warming rays on her skin.

Aedre was lucky, because the tables weren't that dirty even though they had not been washed since....she couldn't quite remember. Maybe some of the others servants or maids have been cleaning, she thought and found another table. This was probably the worst part of the job, but Aedre didn't mind doing it.

Suddenly she heard a voice from behind. She jumped and was about to let out a little scream, but then she turned around and noticed the small Hobbit standing in front of her. "Oh..I'm sorry!" Aedre exclaimed. "I'm just a bit jumpy..." She said and laughed. He didn't say much, just smiled and apologised if he scared her. Aedre however told him that it wasn't his fault; "I'm always like this.." She said and laughed again.

"I am Master Harold Brandybuck from the Shire, I have journeyed far and long and I have a mind for food and drink. May you be kind enough to show me where it is served," he asked very politely while introducing himself. "How lovely! A Hobbit from the Shire, eh?" Aedre said clapping her hands together enthusiastically; just to show how happy she was to finally meet a Hobbit from the Shire. She had heard of the Shire many times, but never been there herself. The suddenly he interrupted her:" Oh! What a most disgraceful hobbit I am, I didn't even ask your name. What may your fair name be, my lady?" he then asked and apologised yet again.

"Don't worry....No need to apologise" She said and smiled. "My name is Aedre, and I'm very honoured to meet you, Harold Brandybuck...of the Shire," she continued smiling even wider at the small fellow. "I'll find you something to eat and drink...don't worry. Just take a seat if you wish..." She said and took the chair...."Here.." She said and looked at the chair.

"So, now as we've been introduced...what can I get you?" She said taking her cloth down, waiting for taking the Hobbit’s order.