View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 03:03 PM   #8
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Oin had wandered for days, looking for some place to rest. His companion had left him, bereft of all save his life's breath barely resting upon his lips. Ahh! Ponto had had his own problems, it was no wonder that he had left him behind.

He came to Edoras; and, passing through the gate, he saw that sight which he had only heard about through his distant relative, Gimli. He was his second cousin twice removed on his father's aunt's mother's brother... oh, let the women, who are few, meddle with relationships! He was tired.

He found the Inn, the White Horse. As he walked inside, he smelled the clean, crisp air of a well-used establishment. He would enjoy it here.

-------

As he sipped his ale, he saw a few people move through the door, in and out, going about business, in their usual manner. He saw a carpenter hobbit who looked a lot like his friend, Ponto. Maybe he would travel to the Shire one day, and see for himself how Ponto had gotten along.

Now he was merely traveling through on his way to the Glittering Caves of Aglarond, where he was going to work and live. Oh, that he could see them now! Ah, well. He was a few days journey still from them. Siiiip!

Last edited by bilbo_baggins; 03-09-2004 at 11:51 AM.