View Single Post
Old 03-12-2002, 05:32 PM   #2
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

The Bridge of Khazad Dum was my favorite chapter in Fellowship, i even liked it more than Lothlorien. Moria absolutely fascinated me because it is so vast and once-prosperous, and all the expansive dwarven cities underground ...the terrible majesty of the dwarven halls and the elaborate labyrinths and great pillars...it struck a chord of sadness in my heart because it was once so thriving and then fell to ruin and evil. But the tragedy of the loss of Durin's kingdom and the dominion of evil in Moria could not completely destroy the grandeur and beauty that had once endured. I was fascinated because Moria was so beautiful, tragic, and terrible and mysterious. I think the scariest movie parts were what happened in Moria. THe fact that it's scary only feeds my fascination Tolkien is an awesome writing, and his description of the Moria scenes amaze me.

My other fave chapters so far are Flotsam and Jestam, and The Palantir. (both in Two Towers)...i also love Lothlorien and The Mirror of Galadriel. ..ahhh...it's hard to pick a favorite!
Right now i am on THe Battle of the Pelennor Fields in ROTK. Can't wait to get through the rest of this book!!! I'll be reading like mad...

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote