View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 04:07 PM   #16
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Well, we’re off to a great start – stellar posts, all of them! All of our fellow/gal-ship members have arrived, except for Kuruharan and Pettygast. The council of Lord Roneld (the name of the head of the Elven Farm was given by Diamond in her post) will be held on Monday/Tuesday. Those who post on the weekend can get to know the lovely rural elven enclave and interact with each other. They do not yet know of the quest, except for Merisu. If you use another character in your post, please be sure to stay in keeping with the personality.

Kuruharan, you might want to make your grand appearance before or during the council – the farm should be a great place to do business, what with not having a mall nearby and the ladies needing something interesting to do besides just sitting and weaving cloaks, baking lembas or embroidering banners all day.

Sharon, I think it would be a good idea for Pettygast to come for the council, if you can arrange your time to do so.

To make it easier to keep all these heroes apart, I’m making a list, checking it twice… I will post the characters with their steeds and weapons as soon as it’s finished.

Just a few comments – I wish I had time and space to write all of the details of your posts that I am enjoying! –

B-W, unusual clothing your man has there – do you suppose that shirt would be a good merchandising item?? It sounds very attractive! Loved your tie-in of the poem about “the Ent that was broken”! What I find interesting is that Orogarn Two has no horse, Orogarn Two needs no horse!

Mith, is this the first time in history that an orc song has been heard? Very unique! The linguistic references (especially “be-bop shu bam” ) will certainly be a great addition to our beloved Languages forum, which definitely needs to include chatspeak.

Squatter, that ballad brings back memories of tales of another warrior, with many a cunning plan. What an unusually manly hero! I especially look forward to seeing the razor-edged sword Wylkynsion in action – and hearing more of its talk.

Diamond, could both of your characters possibly ride together on that horse of Vogonwë’s? They don’t seem to weigh too much; if it’s a sturdy mount, that should be no problem. What great character description and interaction you have there! An Elf who wears his bow in his hair, her hair like the Similars of Feeblenor! But who could ever imagine an Elf mounting his horse in such a spectacular fashion – don’t tell me he shield-surfs too?! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rim, Scully, the scullery girl, with a fox-like gleam mouldering in her eyes?! How strange! But it looks like Halfullion will need some practice with that sword of his…

Kudos to each of you for beginning the story so well – I hope you’re all enjoying it as much as I, and I hope other readers too, am!

[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'