View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 03:51 AM   #51
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
EDIT:
And me thinking I've bumped this thread up! Thanks Helen . As for me, hasty is the word - I've read first page of it and haven't noticed it had two! But last comment in the Post Scriptum refers to the actual last post on the second page. I will not change original post for you to see my hastiness and following silliness. mea culpa
END OF EDIT

I see a good one, I dig a good one up...

But, to be honest, I stalked Estelyn down here

Possible patterns of future development for this discussion:

1. 10 Commandments (titular, hence mostly would-be-welcome) and actual instances of their application in the books
2. David Day and how much we dis/like him

cheers

PS. As for the last comment:

Quote:
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me
compare with [imaginary] quote:

Quote:
I am Eru the One, who brought you out of Beleriand, out of the house of ruin, you shall have no Sauron before me
Suppose it was quoted to Ar-Pharazon by Amandil?

But the point is, the Commandment does not imply Jews 'shall have no other gods' cause the one they have now have rendered them good service. The commitment is requested on the mere fact Lord is Creator, and men are creatures. The men need their God to exist (in M.E Flame Imperishable is what makes world Be). The reminder of deliverance just underlines Love the Lord has for his creatures, but 'you shall not have...' is not based on that - we would be obliged not to have others on mere fact we are His creatures, even if (God forgive) He were not loving us.

cheers

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 12-13-2004 at 03:59 AM. Reason: look at my silliness
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote