View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #82
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Yeah, in my analysis thingummy I guessed that 11 squads could realistically make the finals. (A third of the field- not too bad...)

And as far as the possibility of being left out in the cold after group play, in my best-case/worst-case post I only judged that four squads were "guaranteed" to make the playoffs, meaning that 28 of the 32 squads could be eliminated without it being huge shock.

Like Boro used for his example- Angband certainly seems too good to be left out of the playoffs, but if you take a good look at their opponents in group you can't guarantee they won't get beat by TIG or Angfauglith, thus despite their quality they can't be put down as a lock.

Anyway... We've just got a handful of days left until writers will be writing the first round of games. Get your picks done as soon as you are able. If you're having trouble finding time just PM me and I can try and streamline things for you or come up with a temporary solution.