View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #917
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Yes, Grask is the only "named" orc child who is actually being played. But perhaps out of the fifteen orcs, there would be one more who has been a NPC who is a child? This seems like a good idea since several posters made reference to children as a "softening" agent.
The only problem I have is that numerous times throughout the thread I've made reference to Grask being lonely/not having any companions.

Possible solution: perhaps an additional female orc child, perhaps a little older, so that she would associate with the female orcs? The orcs have struck me as being very sexually discriminatory, so an orc child very set in the female role probably wouldn't have much contact with Grask.

I might also suggest a child very very young, but this would have made escape difficult in the first place...

Does this sound all right? The more I think about it, the more likely it seems to me that Grask wouldn't seek out female companionship, even if she was closer to his age. Another male Orc child would just be contrary to almost everything I've written for Grask so far.