View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #905
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Dorran is being dragged back to the hospital....

Who'd like to do our final battle post? I think we've reached that point unless someone has something more they'd like to get in. It probably wouldn't take more than a few sentences to pull thing together by generically describing the final rout of the few remaining slavers....

Any takers?

After that, we might want to do some planning as to what comes next and how fast we plunge over to the orc camp. There are a number of unanswered questions in our story at this point. Presumably, going to the slavers' camp would have to be done sometime during the same night as the battle itself (game time) to catch the male orcs in an inebriated state. Who goes and who stays among the slavers and fellowship?

Presumably we are heading over there quickly to pull back their supplies and such. In a place like Mordor, you better pick things up quickly or someone else will!

I am assuming gravely injured characters will need to stay in our own camp. But we need enough people in the party going to the slaver's camp that we could realistically deal with 15 orcs, most of whom are drunk.

And where should the argument happen about the orc's fate? I would assume there would be a preliminary argument in the slavers' camp that basically dealt with the question of whether we should slay them immediately....and the answer to that would be "no". But the whole idea of them joining us in the march would surely not come up at that point..... Perhaps that particular argument should only come when we reunite with the whole camp? I am envisioning Aiwendil bursting into camp at some point and talking to Lindir about the much bigger problem we'll be facing shortly. That should perhaps force some cooperation between the two groups.

Do we just hold the orcs in the slavers' camp and have our main group (including the injured) come over the next morning? Or do we drag the orcs back physically with us? Could we realistically do that? It's one thing to guard them, but it's another thing to force them to go somewhere....

I'm also curious where you think our characters will eventually line up on this issue of cooperation with the orcs: for or against. Assuming that the female orcs do make a plea for mercy, Aiwendil will probably be inclined to go along at a fairly early junction, both the fairness issue and the fact that the two groups will have bigger fish to fry. Lindir will be more cautious but eventually come around to that point. I can imagine that some of the characters, such as the slaves, will be very opposed.

Any ideas, comments would be helpful. Also, do we realistically need another orc character or two??

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 02-02-2007 at 02:18 AM.