View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #452
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I have a sketch of both Dream and Beren in Nargothrond (I need a shorter nickname for this piece), both are possible to do. I am looking forward to more V1-inspired pieces - Feanorians and Melian were more V2-based, and I miss V1 a little.
Sounds good! (I've got it in the Libretto as Appeal, by the way: we combined "Beren's Coming to Nargothrond" with what they call the "First Duet of Finrod and Beren", but "Beren's Appeal to Finrod" sums it all up nicely.)

Quote:
And this means that when Aria and Minions get their final form, we will be half way through the musical!
Woo-hoo! It's all downhill from here! Wait, no that's not right... all uphill? IDIOMS good grief.

Quote:
Serious answer: it's because before doing the Zong I really struggled with translating anything beyond basic vocab, but now I don't see language as a barrier to sharing my newest obsessions with anyone and everyone. ^.^ Besides, doing this gave an outlet for the obsession other than rewatching the video a dozen times over. Watch it if you're interested and don't if you aren't, this was really more for me to spill out the squeee.
Don't worry, I wasn't being serious. ^_~ I've skimmed the prose translation, and I am itching to throw some comments at the references. Can you throw me a link with commenting enabled? PM will work.

hS