View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 07:28 AM   #448
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Listening and looking at the rough draft clip, I think I agree. A simple cut to black actually looks and sounds very nice.
It does! It may be slightly weakened by the next song starting off with the same Doriath background; in fact I think I ended the Aria with Luthien's 'star' version, so it will be literally the same. I'm not sure I can do anything about that, though - we don't want to imply Luthien is literally hanging out with Beren, and the animation style doesn't allow her to be up-stage to show the separation.

Quote:
(It amuses me way too much every time when people play up the saying that in North America 100 years is a long time, while in Europe 100 miles is a long distance. Seriously though, I still can't fathom how even in the modern age you can live on such a tiny territory and not intermingle to the point where the accents all blend together.)
Who's playing it up? I'm seventy miles from central London, but don't even consider it to be somewhere I could go.

I think it's mostly that everything is closer here. I have three significant urban centres within 25 miles (two of them historic), and a full-blown modern city at 30 miles. There's no need to travel further except on a vacation - and Britain in particular has such heavily patchworked terrain that you can go pretty quickly from large hills/mountains to forests to open country wherever you are.*

*Except maybe Scotland. I feel like their mountains are pretty chunky in parts. Wales, though, you can drive right through the mountains east to west in an hour.

Also, for historical reasons our cars are limited to 5mph, so it takes a really long time to get anywhere. Keeps the chaps with the red flags gainfully employed, though!

Quote:
That is excellent! Thingol's lines are spot on, and it sounds really good! I still have not re-sung it. I did edit the score to the point where I think I'm happy with it, at least until I try to record and then not like it again. No changes to the length, so shouldn't affect the animations. I will get around to finally finishing this one day.
No worries, we'll get there when we do. Any idea what song you'll do next?

Quote:
My most recent distraction was actually in the form of another Zongian musical...
Uh-oh.

So I've been avoiding the other Temple musicals, specifically so I don't wind up down a rabbit-hole... I'm happy to (try and) help out with a song or two, though. Badly interpreting Russian metaphors sounds like fun. ^_~

Quote:
(PS: how is it that you make those google docs come up as website pages, not editable docs? It's not in the sharing options. Do you "publish to the web"?)
Yep, that's how. One of the most useful tricks I picked up, though I don't remember where. It breaks image-positioning sometimes, which is why my Russian FotR review wound up in a table.

hS