View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #273
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Gotcha! Um, I will send you the mp3s (or m4as, as my phone insists on recording them) of the new vocals from me later today when I get home, and I guess the mp3 of what it sounds like on my end?
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Hmm. Trying to balance Tolkien, the Russian, and the English. In the original, it's "the cursed Silmarils are burning in the darkness", so presumably still pre-Earendil. In our context... they are still "far away". In that case, how about something neutral, that can go either direction - fateful?
Oh! I didn't realise I stuck that close. Then we should probably keep cursed, which is entirely accurate. I just think it's a bit insulting to them. ^_~ ("Fate-bound" or something would be my choice if it were just me randomly writing lines, but it is not.)

Quote:
I think the question becomes: what ships is he talking about, if they are specific ships? "Ships did wander in the skies" is an affirmative of yes, there were ships like that (like what? Not sure), it all did happen. Ships wandering aimlessly or adrift implies something different, and without having a sense of what he's talking about I am not sure if that holds true.
In the literal sense, 'sky-ships' can only mean two things: the Sun and Moon, or Earendil. Or... is there any chance they were aiming for 'winged ships', ie, the swan-ships of the Teleri? I know Amarie specifically evokes their burning, which means when Finrod talks about burning ships in Truth he may mean the same thing.

Quote:
I think Luthien is as tricky to draw as she is to sing or act. The most beautiful face and voice in Beleriand is a pretty tall order.
Noooooooo kidding.

Quote:
No one did as far as I know. But I have a tendency to forget that some words have meaning outside the Downs. There is only one Legate, it's a personal name now. Nogrod is a person and not a place. Goombas are an attribute of Hookbills. It's to to the point where it's discombobulating when I see these words in a different context.
Oh yeah, Nogrod's a place. I've found myself trying to bold mentions of canon characters from time to time, so I get where you're coming from. ^_^

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote