View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 05:54 PM   #153
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Uien's smile for Lumiel paused as the young woman asked her question. She stiffled a sigh as the rhythmic drumming of the rain on the stable's roof slowed and then ceased. Her expression was rueful as she did her best to explain matters concerning the Shiriff and herself.

"There is a difference of opinion between Falco and I that brought us to open disagreement. I my haste and anger, I gave voice to my opinions. It concerned Falowik, who is not as dubious or nefarious as the Shiriff would have us believe.

"I see a different man, and so would any who cared to look. I voluteered my services as a healer then and there and set about to aid Falowik in gathering together a search party for Eodwine. The Shiriff thinks I am meddling where I do not belong and I seem to be unable to hold my tongue where he is concerned."

There was regret in Uien's voice, for she was not ordinarily disposed to such open disagreement. It was only that Falowik meant so very much to her that she seemed to come out with her sword drawn every time Falco Boffin mentioned him. She tucked a strand of golden hair behind her ear and smiled at Lumiel once more.

"My work here is done for the time being, and I too have need of a horse. Let's see who we can find," she said in a change of tack. Lumiel nodded, uncertain still.

"I am sorry, I did not mean to pry," she said apologetically. Uien shook her head gently and waved the concession away.

"Lumiel, you have nothing to apologise for. I intend to do what I can to rememdy matters between myself and Falco before we reach Bree, even if it means tying my scarf around my mouth to stop any retorts that seem to leap from it. It is the least I owe those who travel with me... and Falowik. Such dischord is of little use to any but Eodwine's captors.

"Let's see if we can find a man about a horse," Uien finished with a trace of humour. She had heard such expressions used amongst mortals before and Lumiel responded with an amused smile of her own. The two stepped out into the brightening day, Uien wondering about how to make amends with the stubborn hobbit Shiriff and Lumiel wondering just who this Falowik was.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight