View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #39
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm sorry it's been so long. Hope you're having good luck with those Christmas presents! I always love the idea of making gifts but am really the least crafty person. I can manage...cards? (I can't believe it's Christmas eve tomorrow!)

I admit completely that I am not paying much (any?) attention to geography...or realism...or avoiding cliches...

I have posted nothing very exciting. But my new character may have heard Jessamy, and the dog may have heard/smelled her and is interested. Perhaps she could be familiar with him?

I'm not really sure about Karl. He's from Bree, but I have him in my head as an oddball, old enough that he should be married but lives alone, no family connections that anyone knows of, etc. He ventures regularly into the Old Forest, he's got to be a bit of an odd duck. And of course he has the typical, loveable would-be hunting dog that's really just more interested in licking and cuddling with things.

Leaving it open (the dog could run into someone completely new...! what better introduction than an also cliched spin on the ol' bump-into by chance someone important to the plot intro), and meanwhile trying to think of more interesting things/any sort of direction for this!

(this is about to get longer than my RP post...)

Thought - since it's nearly Christmas, maybe it should snow and we combine/transition into a spooky winter holiday? Do I sense a happy ending involving a snowball fight?

Last edited by Durelin; 12-23-2009 at 07:36 PM.