View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #397
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Gable nodded and handed the locket over to Dick, and then headed out to the stables, to see if she had forgotten any of the chores there. As usual, nothing had been forgotten, only, one of the water’s was low, and she gave the pony more water.

Then she sat down on a pile of hay and floated out in space, absorbed in her thoughts. ‘I wonder what the pony’s name is…Why are there wolves showing up out of nowhere? And why around here, in the Shire?’ Gable sighed and closed her eyes, then fell back into the hay stack. ‘I never did thank those who helped me when the wolves attacked, did I? May as well find them and thank them…and apologize for not thanking them sooner.’ Gable sighed just before another memory coursed through her head.

She was only ten at the time, when she saw the same wolf pup, though, no longer little, watching her from across the bank; she nearly fell out of the tree, but managed not to do so by hugging the branch. When she looked down at the other side of the creek, the wolf was no longer there…and she continued playing, until one of her friends came over and they started playing together. Gable could have sworn that she could still see those eyes over on the other side of the creek bank, staring there, watching her.