View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #145
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Meliot had to try hard to restrain herself not to ask details about what happpened to Prim and Will. After all, she had a much more pressing matter at hand. When that was clear, she would turn her curiosity to other things too. Therefore, she began speaking in a low, secretive voice. She told Rowan of all that she had found in Jack's room, being careful to describe every item of jewelery found with as much detail as posible.

"You should have seen them, Rowan!" she exclaimed passionatedly. "They were all so lovely and so bright, they seemed to have been fit for a qween's use! One could hardly believe that the likes of that one can afford such things. And why does he go about with them, I will never be able to understand. But the jewels are not all." At that, Meliot cast an uneasy look about her, and lowered her voice even more.

"I found something, Rowan. A drawing with an x on it. It seems like a map that leads to something, as in the tales we've heard. I really must show it to you, but not here. Someone might see us."

She wondered if she should tell Rowan that, as she had escaped from Jack's room, she had felt as if someone had seen her, but she thought better and decided to keep that for herself. She could not be sure about it, and she did not want to give Rowan the impression that she was frightened in any way.