View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #107
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
So does that mean all of the slaves or only the so called "ex-slaves"? I was just wondering that if some 50+ people would have lived together as refugees for over two months in a cave of sorts, there should be quite established relations between them already with likes and dislikes and so on...
We wanted to differentiate from the 'slave escapees' and the 'ex-slaves' only to begin with because they are actually very different, even though once the game starts, they're all thrown together into one story. The slave escapees are simply a group that escaped together (well, that's not the case with the characters some people came up with), and the ex-slaves were actually a part of a gang well before the slave escapees escaped, having escaped at some point probably long before. They're going to be rather different characters, so the differentiation is necessary, even if they are all technically 'ex-slaves' by well over two months by the time the game starts.

But the first posts deal with before this - they're more prologues than anything else, at least in my understanding of them (this is just in this game; I'm not trying to define them overall). So relationships don't need to be established in them, since they are prior to the two months in which many relationships were probably established. And of course relationships were probably established long before that, but its not necessary to cover them in your first post.

So, working those kinds of things out sounds like a good idea - and really, Ive found in the past that mostly those things fall into place too with good gamers (which we've got here). Someone perhaps takes the lead to talk about how they know the person from some other event(s), and the other person flows with it. And if they have a problem with it, they'll probably let you know.

Roleplaying needs its spontaneity, even though you often have to shed it of some in order to have a good experience.