View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 AM   #83
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Will stood up from the area of the roof he was working on and looked down at Gable and at Master Boffin. ‘Toller’s?’ he asked. ‘Can’t say as I’ve seen him. Sorry.’ He scratched his head trying to recall if the Hobbit in questioned had mentioned what he was doing that day. ‘Nope . . . I don’t even think he said anything this morning about where he was going. Sorry again!’

Gable stood near the innkeeper, listening to the conversation. Will nodded to her, recalling she had asked a question before Master Boffin had come up. ‘Thanks for the offer of help, Gable. But I think I can handle this task on my own. While I’m up here though, can you check on the injured pony? And some of the guests want their horses exercised a little, as they won’t be using them today. Could you please go to the fenced pen where I’ve put the ponies and horses and take some of them out for a little ride – the bay mare, especially. And the merchant from Pincup’s grey dappled pony, too.’

He knelt back down, preparing to start work on the roof again. ‘You might want to check with the other owners . . . see if they want their animals taken out, too.’