View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 12:58 PM   #13
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I'd be willing to consider a female as healer or teacher (but not the other roles, I think). Is that possible from your angle? I would dearly love to see interaction between a female Orc and a female human, if we include female Orcs in the story.
Yes, I was thinking along the same lines as that. And that would be too fun to pass up.

Quote:
I am assuming that the Mannish slave group has to be 35 people or so. Could you really start a village with anything smaller? (Persuade me otherwise if I am wrong.)
No persuasion here; I think you're absolutely right. And a smaller Orc group is better on several accounts. One because of their strength, and two because of the likelihood of Orcs doing what they are is still, I imagine, not all that much. I'd say they're a rare bunch of rebels, right?

As for the number of ex-slaves, a large group is definitely conceivable, but perhaps for our purposes we could say that they perhaps took part in the rebellion that was such a disaster, and lost a good chunk of their group (who were either killed or captured and made slaves again)? But then we would have the ex-slaves and slave escapees escaping together, I imagine, instead of the escapees meeting up with the ex-slaves. I don't know; I'm just trying to see if we can keep the numbers small so that the ex-slaves are a realistically smaller presence. Is that necessary, though?

Quote:
There were times in that story when we had to refer to other characters in a vague way. I am also assuming that would be possible as long as there was a very brief profile put up, and the device wasn't abused.
Would we perhaps allow one or two use (as in they show up in the story once, perhaps fulfilling a simple puprose of one line of dialogue, relaying a message, dying or something) NPCs without the need of brief bios for them? Obviously ones that get more use, and so have a little more character to them than a name, would need to have a bit of information on them.

Quote:
If we have 10 posters, then we conceivably have a total of 20 characters: everyone does a major and a minor. I would encourage people to do one from each group: Aragorn's group versus everyone else. As far as the "major" characters go, I am leaning towards 2 slaves, 1 ex-slave, and 2 Orcs. So we'd have atotal of 11 major characters, and 11 minor ones. The minor ones would be a mixture of slaves, ex-slaves, and Orcs.
To make this possible, we would need someone to play to major characters? Sorry, I'm just trying to stay on the same page as you. If that is so, I would be fine with doing that, I think (loves playing musical characters).

Really, I think the numbers will work out fine. As long as we have some kind of representation from all the groups, since all the groups will be interacting together, we should be fine. If they groups were split up for a good portion of the game we'd be in bigger trouble.

Thank you so much for the resources, Pio! I'll look at that map and a couple others I have more carefully in a little while, I hopefully be back with something in that area...