View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 10:27 AM   #377
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Andreth flitted down beside where Hinura knelt with the key, laying a hand on her shoulder. Already, her hand was a little more solid and less ghostlike, yet it still slipped through Hinura's body. Thinking desperately of some way to divert Calamiel's attention, she could think of no better plan than telling her the truth.

Before she did, she turned to the other companions, hoping they could hear her. "Run fast. Get Gandalf. He will know what to do."

She stood directly before Calamiel, staring her straight in the eye. "Stop, Calamiel. Lay no hand on Hinura for he is a friend. I charge you this as your kinswoman, for I am Andreth, daughter of the house of Haleth. I am descended from Arthad, younger brother to Adela."

"On my honor as your kinswoman, I wish you and your family no harm. I have come here risking my own life to see if we could help you. This is no life here that you live. There is a place of goodness beyond, but you may not go there until this cursed spell is broken."

"Please help us to find the deed, and the path will be open to you to depart. I beg you for your help."

Calamiel looked at her skeptically. "How do I know you speak the truth?"

Andreth quickly spoke, "I will recite my family lineage to you." And the girl began reciting long lists of names.

"Stop!" Calamiel cried. "This may be some trick."

"Then I will show you something which is not a trick, but a family treasure and job." Andreth took a chain off from around her neck. And it was very ancient. She tossed it down to Calamiel. On the back of the golden pendent, it said thus, From Adela.....With love, to my brother Arthad. And it bore the date when Adela left home to wed with the Elf Maladil.

At that moment, Andreth became a little more solid, so that Calamiel could see her more clearly. She leaned over and put her hand over Calamiel's, "Please help us help you."