View Single Post
Old 07-20-2003, 06:15 AM   #371
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Midday

Lespheria awoke to the midday sun, shining through her room window and Amandur smiling down on her, "Here, Vanwe brought this for you, though I am afraid it has cool somewhat while you slept" She could see Amandur's hesitation as he handed her the small earthen mug, it was his nature not to trust and he did not have her abilities. She took the mug from his hands and drank deeply, to assure him that she had no doubt that Vanwe meant her no harm.

The Tincture was still warm as it ran down her throat, she could taste the mixture of herb's and roots that made up the infusion, almost at once the medicinal properties of the liquid began to work, dulling the pain and Léspheria was impressed when she realised that her senses were unaffected, she closed her eyes for a few minutes in meditation, so she could close her mind to Lothaniel's pain, but a little remained, just enough to remind her how much trouble her brother was in.

When she opened them again she noticed that her things were already packed and that Amandur was still watching her, his rugged features lined with worry. "I am fine" she reassured him, smiling warmly as he looked at her dubiously. She got up and went over to inspect her pack, "Vanwe helped me to pack it," he told her. Lespheria could tell by the tone in his voice that he still harboured some doubt, and she did not blame him for he had spent many years guarding Menecin from himself, he had seen what Vanwe's mother had done to the once great bard. Although neither one of them had faced Naiore, both of them had been greatly wronged by her. Léspheria, her mother death and other things she yet knew not and Amandur, his father had been kill by Naiore while he was but a lad.

"Then I have no doubt that every thing is in order" she smiled, "you are too trusting, but you have an advantage over me, so I will trust to your judgement" he said again turning to watch out the window, she saw him suddenly stiffen, "What is it?" she asked moving to join him at the window. "A shadow, there between the trees, it was fleeting but I'm sure I saw it." Léspheria stretched out her senses to try to locate this shadow Amandur saw, "Kaldir," She sighed after a moment, Amandur looked at her waiting for her to explain, but instead she sadly asked "Do you know him?" Amandur shook his head wearily, "He looks familiar, but his face is badly scarred that I cannot place were or how I know this man, it could be that he was present during the war, or that he has brought criminals to Annúminas or Gondor."

She nodded at Amandur's words, then decided that she must share what she felt when around this ranger, "He has much pain and resentment within him ," she said turning and looking to her young friend, His eyes softened as he spoke, "So, do many of my kin, you know this." "Yes I know, but you do not understand this rangers pain is familar to me," Amandur's eyes widened slightly with as he measured the depths of Léspheria's words. They were both silent for a moment, then Amandur spoke again "You do not think he would try to use the daughter against her mother," "I am afraid that I think he would, " she said sadly. "Does he not know that, that would not work!" Amandur exclaimed incredulously. "We know not what Naiore feels for her daughter, after all she is her flesh and blood" Lespheria answered diplomatically. Amandur raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. He thought Léspheria a little naive for thinking such thing of Naiore, but he respected and loved her enough not to say so.

"We can go down if you are concerned" he said, seeing Léspheria's gaze shift back to were Kaldir had been. I do not want to seem like we are smothering Vanwe, but I wish to pack losseserme, and check that she is alright after the fright I have given her, My harp she said looking wildly around, I was carrying it when I fell." she picked up her pack and hurried towards the door, Amandur following behind her. "it is my mothers" she said feeling him watching her askingly. The pair picked up their pace as they walked across the busy common room. The midday sun washed warmly over her fair elven features as she stepped out into the courtyard, as she and Amandur walked briskly to the stables, Léspheria suddenly felt a fleeting shadow of darkness, she stopped in her tracks "What is it" Amandur whispered as he watched her scan the shadow of the trees that ran along bywater pool, "Nothing" she said shaking her head, not sure if she had really felt such strong an emotion from another person.

She passed quickly into the stable, although she was not sure if the feeling had been real it still unnerved her. She and Amandur went straight to the white mares stall, the mare whinnied at the sight of her mistress, and as Léspheria stroke Losseserme's long mane she muzzled into her "Enough" she laughed "I am well" she assured the horse. She tied her pack securely to her saddle, then giving the mare another loving stroke she turned back to Amandur, who was stood by the stable door watching to see if he could catch a glimpse of what Lespheria had sensed. "It should be about here somewhere" she said distracting him from his watch, looking down at her search the sawdust strewn floor, he felt compelled to help her, he search for some time, "It's not here" Léspheria sighed. She was upset at having lost it but she did not think that it's loss was of any consequence, but Amandur thought differently he was still concerned that Naiore would mistake Léspheria for her mother and he remembered that Valaindon had carried that harp everywhere also and that it also born the crest of the house of Finarfin. If it fell into Naiore's hands it could have dire consequences.