View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 11:28 PM   #15
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

It was dark now, dark enough for him to sneak into the great walls of the two-legs great edifices unseen. Moving in quick sudden darts, he made his way through the odd structures and ornaments that provided good places of hiding. A few of the two-legs large and small moved around, but failed to notice him.

He suppressed his rage and bloodlust; he had more important things to do, and moved on. He had believed that he was the last of his kind, of the great wolf clans descended from the first of their bloodline, the great white wolf Acherane, of the cold white wastes. But now he knew otherwise, the creature the two-legs captured was doubtlessly one of his kind, for in no other kind had he seen the regal and ancient bearing that she radiated.

His heart was set in finding her and helping her in every way within his capabilities. As he neared what seem like a rather wide open space surrounded by large to small structures, it grew darker still. He sensed the presence of another canine; this one was of lower breeding than hers. Much lower and it seemed that it feared her and regarded her as an intrusion on its domain. He picked up the pace.

At last he reached the centre of the two-legs’ town and saw her. It was early night now and his dark eyes gleamed at the sight of her. She was confined to some sturdy chains, yet he was glad that she didn’t give in to animal fear and try to escape at all cost, including biting ones limbs off. No she seems too refined for such behaviour.

The other one, a traitor to his species that served the very two-legs that persecuted them, twitched around nervously. He knew that it could sense him. But before he could do anything, the creature’s keeper beckoned to it and it hurriedly leaves.

Now was the time to reveal himself. He stepped out and bounded over to her side silently. She looked up, her eyes were deep and gold, and he saw a pain and wisdom far beyond her mortal years, yet they burned with a passion, a passion to be free.

“you are…one of my kind!” she observed,” I have sensed you, but feared to believe so.”

“As have I” he returned. “We must leave this place.”

“If I can break free of these confines” she whispered” But I have tried in vain.”

“Perhaps together….“ his voice abruptly stopped and he leapt up in the air, coming down hard on top of a shadowed form that hid huddled and been watching them converse. It emitted a stifled squeal as it hit the ground hard under the great weight of the wolf and lost consciousness. The great Black Wolf growled over it, his slavering jaws inches from its small pink face. It was a very small two-leg, possibly a cub.

“Leave him be” The great she wolf hissed.

“But it has seen me, and will raise the alarm, I must slay it.” He growled “I must slay all two-legs to avenge my creed.”

“But this one is little and had nothing to do with your great loss”

“That which neither had my little ones when they were slain by two-legs for the crimes of others”

“I beseech you,” she pleaded “this one will not betray me”

“You have much faith, she wolf” he said “of which I have too little, yet I will heed you”

“My gratitude to you; and my name is Celebanca”

“I am called Rulf-Armon”