View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #200
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
"Remiss? Oh no– believe me, this has all been a... a misunderstanding..." said Asta, but she could feel the heat rising in her cheeks. So Aldarion had been just stringing her along all this time! So he did think of her as a plaything! She almost wished she had skewered him.

She turned to the prompter, staring at a point immediately over his head. "Coldan? Coldan– I– may have said– um, one or two things earlier that I didn't really mean. I'm..." If there was one thing Asta hated, it was admitting she had been wrong, and she had to swallow several times before she could go on. "I'm sorry. Now," she added, before Coldan could speak– there was no telling what he would say, and the last thing they needed was another scene with Lord Sador as witness, "Thilien?"

"Thiliel," corrected, Master Ingold's officious little neice, who was still waiting around for an answer.

"Thiliel, please tell Brinn– er, the Lady Celebrindal– I'm coming."

The girl bobbed a quick curtsey and bustled away, full of the importance of her errand. Asta had found her annoying before, but now she was almost inclined to envy the childisheagerness that made even the drudgery of a maid's work new and exciting. She sighed. It would not last, of course.

Turning back to the two men, she noticed Lord Sador looking at her once again with that odd, private smile of his. She was sure he had noticed her slip with the name– but was it only that?

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-17-2011 at 11:01 PM.